Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Apartment Therapy Contests: Room for Color 2009

Here's my submission for the Apartment Therapy 2009 Room for Color contest. I got 115 thumbs up votes!




Color Inspiration: I fell in love with this light yellow-green a few years ago when I used it in my home office. When we moved into this condo the bedroom was a hideous denim blue.
Color Inspiration continued: My husband and I decided to bring in this serene yellow-green but give it a good anchor with the cocoa brown. I always awaken with a smile when I see this color. The rest of the house has a lot of color. This is our most mellow palette. Like a breath of fresh air.

Colors Used: Ace: Milkweed Pod (powdered hot cocoa brown) , Ace: Outback (soft yellow-green)


Color Tip: All the colors don't have to match perfectly. Nature doesn't have a swatchbook. Keep it in a similar family and your space will feel more spontaneous.


No comments:

Post a Comment